Thursday, June 16, 2011
One Day Pre-Op
So here I am, one day pre-op believing that my life is going to be forever changed and being at peace with the thought of it. Since starting this journey, many things in my life have changed. I am down 21 pounds from the 800 calorie diet I have been on for the last 2 weeks. I have been a non-smoker since Easter Sunday which is hard for even me to believe but I am so proud of that one. I no longer drink Diet Pepsi or anything with carbonation or caffiene in it (that was a tough one), I have accepted that sweets, breads and pasta are probably forever out of my diet due to the likely reaction of my new stomach, in fact I am aware that my new tummy may refuse many of my current favorite foods. I am aware of the many risks of this surgery and I am at peace with that, something brought me here, there is a reason I made this decision and my heart tells me it is the right one.
Everything happens for a reason.....even if you dont know what that reason is....I dont know how much of that statement is true and how much of it is absolute bullshit but I guess there is some truth in everything that is written. There are ALOT of things that have happened in my life that I wonder what the reason is....Was I not able to have children of my own because caring for my brother was part of the "plan"? Did I take the road less traveled to avoid the accident I would have been killed in? Did I not know how to spell my first name in kindergarden so that I would be driven to be a teacher to others? Did I let go of something amazing to avoid the pain of it letting go of me? Am I faced with challenges just to test my strength? Does everything really happen for a reason??? Ya, I think it does. I think my gall bladder attack 2 weeks ago was Gods way of telling me I am doing the right thing considering I had never had an attack and didnt even know I had stones. yes everything happens for a reason....
So today I will be surrounded by friends and family at my house as we are having a slumber party since they want to be with me at 5am in the hospital. I wonder if I will sleep at all tonight....I am left with positive thoughts and asking everyone to please send me positive vibes on Friday morning. For those of you that would like to check in on my progress, Neil will have my phone that day, surgery is at 7:30am at Spectrum Healths Blodgett Campus and it is estimated to take 6-8 hours. Feel free to call him for updates or I am sure someone will be updating on facebook.
Many people have asked me why I want to lose the weight and here are a few reasons I thought I would share with you:
No more diabetes
No more High blood pressure
No more high cholesterol
CUTE SHOES
shop in normal stores
I think Im going to dance
never wonder if im going to fit in a booth
go on a plane without asking for a seatbelt extender
go up and down steps with ease
easier to exercise
happier overall attitude
participate in more volunteer events
participate in more physical activities
CUTE SHOES
fit comfortably in an MRI if I should ever need another one
be able to wear hospital pants and a single gown
Take pressure off my knees and joints
Have more energy
Take dogs for long walks
snowblow without being winded
CUTE SHOES
Live a longer life
Be able to comfortably paint my own toenails
Tie my shoes easily
not worry about how small a public restroom is
I can dress super cute
CUTE SHOES
Thank you everyone for your support and involvement in this journey. You have no idea how much your support means to me. I have also fixed the comment area on the blogspot so that anyone can click to leave a comment as that was a problem I heard. I will be updating my blog as soon as I am able to let you know what one day post op is like....wish me luck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you Spring, wishing you only the best thru all this!! Reading this every few days just makes me think you are more then ready and very gracious for sharing this with so many. Thinking happy thoughts and saying prayers for you today and in the days to come.
ReplyDeleteRebekah
Having worked with many bariatric patients and having seen many undergo the surgery for the wrong reasons and without the right mind set to succeed, I see you are ready! So many think it is a quick fix, rather than a tool to help them achieve the goal of permanent weight loss. You know your life is going to change and instead of fearing it you are embracing it...that is so wonderful to see. You will succeed! Luther and I are just crazy about you and will keep you in our prayers. Kelly
ReplyDelete