Friday, June 24, 2011
31 Pounds in 23 Days!!!
Those are some pretty staggering numbers and at this rate I will be down to my birth weight of 6 pounds 10 ounces by Christmas...it is unreasonable to believe that my weightloss will continue at such an aggressive loss therefore it makes for good humor.
The last couple of days have been very difficult for me emotionally. Yesterday I allowed boredom to set in and all I could think about was the fact that every "best friend" I ever had is gone. No more cigarettes, no more diet pop, no more caffiene and now no more food....who does that to themselves? I cried pretty hysterically for about an hour in Neils arms asking myself how I was going to get thru this without a vice (I am tearing up just thinking of the episode). I was addicted to food and it is clear to me now why it was easy for me to stop smoking and stop drinking my pop because I still had my food to turn to as a vice. Now I have nothing except thoughts of the next 40 amazing years and I think Im going to stick with that vice. I dont know what that weakest moment would have taken me to without Neil to guide me. I was sooooo ready to grab for a pack of smokes. But I didnt and the emotions passed and so did the desire for a vice. Once I got my wits about me I decided to go for a long walk and I was pleasantly surprised when Neil caught up with me and joined me. About 15 minutes into the walk, I had forgotten all about my desires, and I realized that walking is now my new vice!!! I have been committed to walking about 10 minutes per hour every hour since coming home from the hospital and that has been so helpful to me emotionally, spiritually, physically and in recovery time.
I am still taking my vitals 4 times a day and will continue doing that until my 2 week followup appointment on July 1st. I would guess that I will be completely off my Diabetic medication by that time and hopefully eliminate my 13 daily drugs one at a time. My numbers have been awesome these last couple days and I see no reason why they would not stay on this trend. A year ago if you would have asked me I would have told you without hesitation that I wont live to see 60, neither of my parents lived much past that so I had sealed my own fate....Today, just one week after this surgery, I am so hopeful of the outcome that I look forward to the next 40 years. I am dedicated to being the best me I can be. This surgery is the exact tool that I needed to better myself physically and mentally. This surgery is NOT a magic pill or a quick fix. It requires dedication every single day to exercise and to healthy eating. The surgery simply makes me feel full so that I am not as likely to overeat. My new stomache has not rejected anything so far but I am still on straight liquids. I am looking forward to next friday when I can start on soft foods.
I am going to sign off as my walk awaits me. I will continue to write these blogs as long as people continue to read them. I have had almost 500 hits on my site for the month of june so if I am helping even one person who is either considering the surgery or struggling with their own vices, it will be worth its time in gold. Today I have a fresh new look at life....I can do this!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment