I have alot to talk about today, food product, numbers, advocates and gall bladders....Lets start out that I have been on the food product now for 5 days and it is not nearly as aweful as I thought it would be.
What you see above is my typical day on the product. That is some serious food packed with 800 solid calories of pure protien. My morning starts out with some crystal light (which I have aquired a taste for), and either a single protien blueberry pancake with I cant believe its not butter spray or maple and brown sugar oatmeal. Then I will enjoy a snack around 9am of either jello, turkey jerky, a protien bbq snack mix or a protien bar. Lunch will be a very small bowl of protien soup then another snack in the afternoon, dinner is either a Pasta Chicken, Honey Pork, or Spaghetti and meatball dinner followed by a snack later in the evening. I will be honest that the last couple days I have had to force myself to eat the last 2 meals because that protien really fills you up. I just havent been feeling hungry which isnt a terrible thing but definitely surprising considering what I am taking in. I am VERY proud to say that I made it thru our summer kickoff celebration without going off of the product or eating anything I shouldnt. The next morning was not nearly as easy as I decided to try a couple peanut butter carmel cookies that my friend Linda brought and I experienced what could only be described as a gall bladder attack. Well it turns out that is likely that it was a gall bladder attack. I was not able to breath without crying out in pain....I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow to look at the gall bladder and I suppose worst case is that they will remove it with the rest of the surgery. The pain on Sunday was easily a 12 out of 10 and yesterday and today are about a 3 on the pain scale. I will tell you that I havent gone off the product nor even thought about it since then because my little brain is convinced that is what caused the pain. So I should be thankful it happened.
I have decided for the right of this process to share with you all some NUMBERS that are pretty damn staggering. These numbers are the finals that were given to me on the day of my pre-op appointement 5 days ago.
Body Type: Standard
Gender: Female
Age: 40 (Im 41 now but I dont look any older)
Height 5'3"
Weight: 299.5 (oh ya, I gained some serious weight)
BMI: 51.4
Sugar poke: 178 (80-120 is ideal range)
Some updated numbers as of today (just 5 days later) Sugar has dropped to between 106-145, Weight has dropped down to 281.3 pounds and blood pressure is 120/70. I cant wait to see where this lifestyle change is going to take me. I had someone ask me if I was afraid that I would change as a person with the weight loss and my response to them was that I would likely buy cuter shoes, hussy clothes and dance alot more. I will always be who I am....just a heck of alot healthier.
The last thing on my mind is my advocates.....I was told yesterday that my brother Ron wont be at the surgery as he emotionally cant handle it. He says he hasnt been able to step into a hostpital since watching our mom die and he just cant do it. He also said he thinks its a bad "vibe" for him to be there because its like we are assuming something is going to be wrong. He said nothing is going to go wrong so he doesnt need to be there. I love him and I pray he is right. I prefer to be over prepared. He also does not agree with the surgery as he has a friend that recently died from complications related to the surgery so he is a little terrified to say the least. He is my only full blooded sibling which makes him my only next of kin since I have no children, my parents have passed and I am not married. Makes the advocate thing a little tricky. So I have 4 people that I would trust to make any decisions for me on my behalf and only 2 of them are able to come to the surgery and one of them (Erica Ann) I hate even putting in that position because I cant say that I could make those decisions on her behalf. I love her like a mother loves their child. I am thankful and fortunate to have her by my side during this. So that is what is going on in my little head right now....I am experiencing feelings of excitement, fear, anxiety, sadness and happiness all at once as the surgery grows closer. We are planning a slumber party at the house the night before surgery so that my friends that want to go to the hospital with me will be there at 4am when I have to get up and be at the hospital at 5am with me. It will be a fun night, we can play games and they can keep my mind busy. Neil is already giving me lectures that I need to get my rest the night before surgery but I dont see that happening, I am going to be way to geared up. They said at orientation that the patient that brought the most people with them for the surgery was 17....I am confident that I could break that record if the surgery wasnt at 7:30, meaning everyone would have to be there at 5am. Im not really out to break any records anyways, I just want my besties with me that day. I will check in again this weekend with an update of my last couple appointments prior to surgery. Keep your fingers crossed for me and if you happen to be awake the morning of my surgery, send some white light my way!!
No comments:
Post a Comment