| Neil made me this little board with flip numbers so I can watch my weight go down. Its awesome!!! |
On the flip side of this lovely coin, I have also been a beautiful disaster the last few days. My head is going in a million different directions filled with worries and concerns. Not about anything major but just the simple things in life like what can i do to make my time away super easy for my brother. For those of you that are not aware, I have custody of my brother who is 47 years old and mentally handicapped. There are several things in life, he just doesnt grasp ahold of. His mind function is equal to a 12 year old....which happens to be one of the things I love about him so much!!! So anyways, I worry about him like a mom worries about their baby. I finally told him about the surgery because I had to prepare him for the fact that I wont be going to Nascar with him on Fathers Day. He seems ok with the fact that he is going to be going with "the boys" but he really wanted his sister there, maybe next year buddy...maybe next year. I am already stressing about being left alone 2 days after surgery because the boys will all be at Nascar. I will likely still be in the hospital during that time and one of my besties has offered to stay with me but I hate to keep her away from her dad on fathers day....see I worry to much.
I also found out that my gall bladder is full of stones....so I will find out for sure today but it is likely that I will have my gall bladder removed at the same time of the surgery. I told Neil last night that it feels like they are going to be de-gutting me....lol Today is my final appointment before surgery. I have also decided to take the next week off of work to allow me time to prepare for this life change. There are a few things I am doing this week for fun like going to the Ford Museum, visiting Meijer Gardens and also visiting a special place with a dock and alot of water. I go to this special place to clear my mind and some of my best thinking has been done on that dock along with some of my worst decisions. I guess its a love hate relationship I have with the dock but its my special place!! I would also like to see my brother-in-law (ex) and his family before the surgery as well. We are trying to make that work but we will see. I will know more after today.
Spring -- I am so happy for you and I can't wait for you to take on this new step in your life in the next week. You are such a strong person and I love that about you. You'll get through all of this with flying colors and you'll be so much happier as you realize how much more you are able to do! Eric and I are always here for you, so always feel free to let us know when you need ANYTHING. We love you!
ReplyDelete