Monday, June 13, 2011

4 Days Pre Op


I had my final appointment before surgery and everything looks good.  I have been feeling really light headed lately and it is because my blood pressure is dropping drasticly.  The doctor said it is in the "safe" range so he doesnt want to change my meds, he just warned me to stand up slowly....great advice for someone that feels like they are going to pass out everytime they stand up....my blood pressure was 104/50 and usually runs 120/70.  Needless to say, I had one hell of a crash on Friday night at work which was aweful.    I made it home safely, Neil was outside waiting for me and I honestly dont remember much after that but I know I woke up the next morning feeling much better.  The only thing that may be changed early this week is my vitamin supplements when the doctor gets my lab results back he may need to increase or decrease something. Yesterday was a great day.  I spent the morning getting things cleaned up and ready for my time away.  There is still alot to do but I have plenty of time.  I spent the afternoon at Meijer Gardens which is by far one of my favorite places to visit.  I am a member so I am sure I will be spending alot of time there while I am off of work.  It is peaceful and beautiful there.   I dont know how many of those places are left in this world but I have a feeling that once I am feeling better and healthier that I will see many more beautiful places with a new set of eyes.  I am excited.  I have decided not to let anything get me down this week or anyone for that matter.  I have my head pretty full at this point and I want negative stuff far far away from me :) Neil asked me last night if I was scared, I almost started crying just at the question but I pulled it together.  I said, Im not afraid of dying, Im more afraid of how this surgery is going to change my life.  I guess regardless if it is good change or bad change, change is a scary thing.   I have a feeling the rest of this week is going to drag.  Neil and I have things planned to stay busy so hopefully that will help.  I told him last night that I wish I could just fall asleep and wake up to Friday morning and he said it will be here soon enough....soon enough

No comments:

Post a Comment