Sunday, July 10, 2011
2 Weeks Post-op *UPDATE*
I cant believe it has been 23 days since surgery. I have not been doing a very good job keeping my blogs updated. I went to my 2 week post op appointment and it went very well. The doctor said that I am about 2 weeks ahead of schedule for my weight loss which is really exciting. The bad news is that my blood pressure is dangerously low and my pain level is still much higher than it should be in my main incision area. The surgeon said that he really "reefed" on that area and the pain would last for 3-4 weeks. Its a stabbing stinging pain and I am feeling it constantly. The other bad news is that I havent lost a single pound since then which is incredibly frustrating but I was told it is completely normal to experience a 3 week stall. The stall is frustrating because you dont change your way of eating but your body is trying to recover from the shock of the surgery and it goes into stall mode. Here are some numbers to fully understand my daily intake. My metabolic rate is 2,ooo calories a day which means that I burn 2,000 calories a day just for my body to function. This does not include any additional exercise. I have been taking in 400-600 calories a day, a minimum of 60 protiens a day, less than 40 carbs and adding additional exercise daily. Now weight loss happens by creating a deficit of 3500 calories per pound. With that being said, I should be averaging 2 pounds every 3 days if the math is done properly. Therefore, I can not clearly understand how a stall happens but according to the Obesityhelp.com website forum(which has become my new best friend), it is very common so I will continue to do what I am doing and sooner or later, I will beat the stall. On the super upside, I am now eating semi-normal human like foods. My diet now consists of cream soups, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, refried beans, milk, coco wheats, yogurt and low fat crackers. I did make some amazing noodleless lasagna the other night which consisted of 3/4 cup of cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce, 2 egg whites, a few dashes of oregano and basil. Mix it all together and bake at 350 for 30 minutes and sprinkle with shredded cheese and enjoy the flavor of the inside of lasagna. Soooo good and soooo good for you!!! Keep in mind that my little stomach can only handle a little bit of this at a time so a half of a serving takes me about an hour to eat. I struggle everyday to get in all of the protien, carbs, 64 ounces of fluids and fat that is required of me. Let me explain why this is a struggle. First of all my diet requires me to eat about every 2 hours whether I am hungry or not. Also, I cannot drink anything 15 minutes prior to eating or 45 minutes after eating. That doesnt leave much time for fluid intake. Those are some of the struggles I am having at this point in the journey. I have also had many rewarding experiences including noticing some changes in my body shape, crossing my legs easier and buying shorts I didnt think would fit but they did. Those are called NSV (non-scale victories) I have had some great friends bring me clothes in sizes 10-22 to help me transition into a smaller me and I am so thankful for their clothing gifts as that will be one less expense I will have to worry about. If anyone reading this has clothes they would like to donate to the getting skinny clothing fund, let me know, I am not to proud for hand me downs. I have been checking out garage sales and Salvation Army sales and have had some great finds!! One womans junk is another womans new wardrobe :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment