Monday, April 25, 2011
Some REALLY good news
Ok well this picture of me with my weight on it is NOT good news. I couldnt beleive I had gained that much weight in such a short period of time since my last attempt at weight loss. This is so frustrating and is exactly why I need the bariatric surgery as a tool. The surgery will help me lose weight but most importantly as a tool it will help me keep the weight off which has always been my biggest struggle. If your wondering why I am posting a picture of myself when I dont even have a surgery date yet it is because at orientation Dr. Kemmeter said it was important to lose as much weight as you can prior to surgery to improve your overall health and to better prepare your body for the surgery. So that is my intentions, I am hoping to be in surgery by the end of May. There are alot of processes to go thru prior to surgery and the really good news is that I received a call today and was able to schedule my initial appointment which is a complete physical and overall health history evaluation for THIS friday!!! To top it off I have my second appointment for the psychiatric evaluation and the appointment with the surgeon scheduled for May 11th!!! At this rate I can see myself gong into surgery by the end of May or early June if all goes well :) I am so ready for this to happen. I have done further research and I am now leaning more toward the duadonel switch. I will have more details and a definite decision after meeting with Dr Kemmeter on the 11th. I am still a non smoker and plan on staying that way!! The stopping smoking hasnt been as hard as I thought it would be. I guess when you want something bad enough, you'll do anything you can to get it. I have been thinking alot about the factors in my life that are affected by my weight and I am really looking forward to celebrating each change that I see due to the weightloss no matter how small it might seem to some. I have my MRI on my back tonight and I am looking forward to finding out more about those results as well. So much going on so quickly....I am so thankful to have all of you to share my days with!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment