Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bariatric Orientation



Ok so Neil and I went to the orientation today and holy cow is this a huge decision to make.  I cant believe that all this time I have thought of this surgery as the easy way out, there is NOTHING easy about this.  I have decided to go with the Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass instead of the duodenal switch.  Although the Duodenal switch is the most aggressive of all the surgerys, it also has the most risks and negative interactions attached to it.  The guy in this video is Dr. Kemmeter who will be doing my surgery.  Watch it if you get a minute, its very interesting.  They placed me on the "fast track" today but it could still take 2 months before I am in for surgery.  Im shooting for a month but we will see!  I am considering allowing the hospital to follow my procedure from beginning to end which would involve alot of bloggin which I am already doing and it would also involve some TV appearances and that kind of thing.  I asked Neil if he would have a problem with me doing that and he said that he supports me 100%.  I hope he maintains that attitude thru this process because there are going to be some challenges for sure.  Tomorrow (Easter Sunday) I will be smoking my very last cigarette.  Dr Kemmetter wont even consider me for surgery unless I am a non smoker and I know I cant cheat because Neil will totally tell on me.  Its good to have a strong support team in you guys....lol  That is all for now, more tomorrow.  P.S.  The triple dose of Neurontin is not touching my pain, today was my worst day this week in fact....patience Spring, patience....

No comments:

Post a Comment