8:37am Its the morning of my appointment at MaryFree Bed and I am a little anxious about how this is going to go. I did most of the pre-certification work for my Bariatric surgery yesterday and I just have one more call to make this morning. I am starting to get excited about it but I am also afraid they will deny me the surgery for some reason...those things happen to me. I will certainly know more after orientation on Saturday. I filled out all the paperwork for my Intermittent LOA and my regular LOA and holy cow those are some serious packets of information. I have been talking to my friend Amy alot who had the surgery as well as her husband and that has helped me thru so much. Talking to her gets me excited instead of terrified and I am so thankful to have her on this journey with me.
9:01pm Just wanted to update on the appointment, its been a crazy emotional day for me because I was told that I have to have surgery on my back. I am not sure if that is the route I will go yet. I have an MRI on Monday and then an appointment with a Spine Specialist. He increased my Neurontin to 300mg 3 times a day and said he cant beleive I have been walking around with that pain for so long...shrug I think if I have the bariatric surgery first, it may alleviate some of my pain but I am not a doctor so we will see. I am really excited about tomorrow morning because Neil and I will be going to the orientation for my bariatric surgery. It means so much to me that he is going to be there with me because I think it is so important for him to understand what this committment involves. One being that he can no longer surprise me with seafoam...lol I was also congratulated today as I was chosen to attend the District RMA which is the next step to a promotion with the company but I had to turn it down because the timing just isnt right so hopefully I will receive another invitation to the Fall RMA. That is all for tonight, I will post more tomorrow after my orientation. Things are moving really fast for me right now....keep your fingers crossed that everything flows nicely!! I appreciate everyones support and encouragement during these trying times. I am very fortunate to have all of you as my support team and joining me on this chapter of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment