12:08 pm I am having an awesome day. I woke up this morning and baked some cinnamon rolls for me and the boys and then I started the ham in the crock pot. This is the first time I have ever done an entire Holiday dinner myself so I am very proud so far. I am making ham, mashed potatoes with the skin on of course (thats how my grandson likes them), stuffing because I want it, some fresh corn, rolls, gravy and a Dutch Apple pie that is baking as we speak. Lets face it, Im never going to be a Betty Crocker but Im going to be the best I can be. Speaking of which, I have 4 cigarettes left and then poof Im a non smoker. How exciting is that??? its NOT. I love to smoke but giving it up is the right thing to do and I think I can actually succeed at it this time because I HAVE to do it. After getting Easter dinner started this morning I went out and unloaded the truck of the landscaping timbers and river rock for the new garden area. I 29finished up the stone walk way which looks awesome, I'll post pictures on my facebook later on. The landscape edging is complete as well, Neil was a big help with that (thank you baby). After dinner I am going to turn the soil in the garden and preen that area so its all ready for me to plant my veggies. My tomatoes FINALLY sprouted and you would think it was the proudest thing ever for me. My cucumbers have a couple tiny sprouts but nothing to get to excited about. I am hoping it will be safe to put them in the ground after Mothers day. The seed that Neil planted is not sprouting at all yet but that is because we have had NO SUN. I am hoping when we get some sun that everything will take off!!! I have been planting Gladiola bulbs every 7- 10 days so that i will have fresh flowers in the house all summer long. I cant wait, those are my favorite.
10:29 pm and I am exhausted. I havent had a cigarette in 8 hours "Yay Spring". Just for the record I was actually awake during that time. Very proud so far of how it is going. I think the Neurontin is making me feel drowsy, when I stood up out of my chair tonight I actually felt like my legs were going to go right out from underneath me. I really need to go to sleep...more tomorrow
No comments:
Post a Comment