Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Flatulance, MRIs, Hospital Gowns and little cafes
Now that I have your attention, I couldnt resist the flatulence part because after Easter dinner, I dont know what I ate but the gas in the house was BADDDD. Brother Donny says its a frog following me around. Anyways, I had my MRI last night and when they sent me into the gowning room the first thing I thought of was am I going to fit into this stuff. Hospitals in general are not fat friendly. The gown fit like a champ and came down past my knees which was a good thing because I couldnt get the hospital pants to fit over my hips. I dont consider myself THAT fat. I have seen super fat and Im not it. Makes me wonder what the hospitals are thinking especially considering that 35% of us are considered obese and that number will likely jump to 42% within 5 years. Those are some scary statistics because I have seen first hand what obesity can do to a person. Any ways, back to the pleasantries of my MRI. So I get into this room and the guy has me lay on my back and literally squeezes me into this MRI machine. Like a packed sardine. The trim around the circle of the machine caught on my arm so once I am in there the first thing I am thinking is omg they are never going to get me out of this thing. After about 20 minutes in this machine I start thinking about how Im going to get out of there, I start sweating profusely and suddenly I cant breath....Seriously Spring stop being so dramatic and just chill out, they will get you out of here. I start wondering if they would just cut the machine off of me. Needless to say they pushed the little button and I slid right out of there. The first thing I say is OMG what do you guys do with REALLY fat people? The nurse says well that machine is designed to hold up to 450 pounds...Really?? Im not even over the 300 mark and you practically had to use a shoehorn to get me in this thing. I was happy as ever just to be out of there and the nurse and I both thought I was all set but the MRI guy said that I needed xrays as well. Thats funny, my Dr didnt order xrays...I guess that means something is wrong. So Im sitting out in the waiting room waiting for the xray people to come and I hear the girl behind the desk talking to someone who says, did you see her spine??? Ok just wanted to make sure you knew she was waiting out here. Its 11pm at the hospital by the way. So after some twisting and turning at the hospital I get to come home and get some rest. Today was a simple stormy day. I took Neil to this cute little cafe off of Walker that he had been wanting to check out. It was a cute little place and we enjoyed our time there but we both agreed we wouldnt go there again. Im trying to take him places that I wont be going to after my surgery....well not right away anyways. I had a few emotional checks today that I kept really well hidden. I cry at random times now and it isnt that I am ashamed of it because I have a gazillion things going on right now but I dont like to show my anxietys. I am trying to stay strong. Once I get some answers and processes started I think things will be alot easier for me. I was hoping to hear the results on the MRI today but it didnt happen. I did have to call my Doctor today requesting some pain meds because the Neurontin is not cutting it. I did a ton of research today on Bariatric surgery and surgery for herniated discs. The more research I do the better I feel about things. If anyone is considering having any form of surgery, the world wide web is a great bit of information. Knowledge is power. Thats all I have for tonight, alot of gibberish and if you read this entire thing then you just lost a good few minutes of your life that you are never going to get back but let me tell you.....I appreciate YOU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment