Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Drug induced sleep....

Its been a few days since my last blog.  Alot going on in my little world right now so I may not be blogging daily like I had planned but I will definitely try to stick to a daily blog after the surgery so that I can look back on how things change for me from day to day.  I have not had a cigarette or any type of nicotine replacement for 5 days!!!  This is the longest stretch I have ever been on and I have no plans on going back to smoking.  It isnt easy by any means but it is absolutely the right thing for me to do.  It is very helpful that no one in the house smokes and Donny and Neil have been so patient with me.  I havent lost my temper or anything like that but there was a day when I was getting irritated super easily and then I had another day that I was an emotional nightmare.  Neil got me thru that night with alot of patience and understanding on his part.  I have to admit that sometimes I worry that this amazing guy is going to run out of patience and understanding with me.  Beleive it or not, I can be very difficult to deal with sometimes....lol  I hope the good outweighs the bad.  I keep saying once we get thru this surgery it will all be good and well worth the struggles of getting there.

I have an appointment on Wednesday the 11th with the behaviourlist and the surgeon Dr. Kemmetter.   The behaviourlist will determine if I have the right mindset to go forward with the surgery and determine that I am of sound mind to make the decision as well as the dedication needed to be successful with this surgery.  I beleive that I am very ready for this committment.  I feel like it will be the beginning of new and wonderful journey for me.  Dr. Kemmetter and Neil and I will then discuss which procedure is best for me by determining which risks and benefits fit into the needs of my body.  On Thursday the 12th I am having the scope procedure done at Saint Marys Hospital.  The surgeon will be putting me under during this procedure which is scarier then the procedure itself to me...I have my reasons for not enjoying drug enduced sleep.  I dont imagine it will be anything like the sleep they put you in during the actual bariatric surgery so that is a good thing.  I am having blood work completed this week to determine if anything needs to be addressed prior to surgery.  I cant have the Nicotine test done until the 21st but we are hoping they will split the tests for me so I dont have to wait until the 21st to do all of it.  I am on the fast track and I am being told by everyone invloved that I am moving thru the process very quickly....keep your fingers crossed that I keep moving at that pace.  The only bump we are dealing with right now is that I bought Nascar tickets for me and the boys for the Fathers day race at MIS and there is a really good chance that I wont be attending that race.  I will either be at home recovering or I will still be in the hospital.  There is a good chance I am going to need to have someone spend the day with me that day, any volunteers??  I'll let everyone know when we get closer to that date what the plan is.  I wonder who Neil will take in my place?  big sigh...  That is all for now, I have a beautiful yard full of sunshine awaiting me!!  Thanks everyone for your continued support and involvement in this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment