Tuesday, May 17, 2011

If it brings you to tears...its a "10"

Haunestien Center - St. Mary's Health Care

So it goes....I met with the back surgeon today and I was totally expecting to get some type of releif and when I was told that they had to refer me to a pain clinic for the injections I about lost it.  Well I did lose it actually but I waited until it was just Neil and I in the room.  The Doctor obviously recognized my frustration as he returned shortly after and said they could get me into the pain clinic at the hospital today at 1:30.  I had never been so excited about anything as I was about getting those injections.  My pain in my back and my hip and leg area have been a consistent "10".  The reality is, nobody can live in this kind of pain and one can only pop so many vicodins before that just isnt fun anymore either.  So they took me into this little room at the pain clinic, laid me on my belly and injected a sedative in my hand and my arm.  I wasnt totally out of it but the experience wasnt terrible by any means.  The pain I felt when I started walking is a different story.  I am now resting at home and Neil is not allowing me to do ANYTHING but sit here and I am sure you guys all know how much I love just sitting around.  Dont tell Neil I said this but hes doing what is best for me.  I am super craving a lettuce and tomato burger so he is going to get me some hamburger and tomatos.  Hes such a trooper and I still have no idea what I did to deserve such an amazing man but I am sure glad I did it.  I also heard from Nettie who is working on getting authorization for my surgery with my insurance company and she called me today and told me that she has them putting a "rush" on it.  If all goes well, my surgery will be scheduled on June 13th.  that is NOT a definite date but its promising.  I started my protien diet yesterday to try to get use to eating those things regularly and that is going well so far.  I would like to drop at least 30 pounds prior to surgery so that I can be as healthy as possible for the surgery.  Some people wonder, well Spring if you can drop 30 pounds in a month than why in the world do you need the surgery.  The answer is simple, I can lose weight like an expert but I can also gain it back like a champion.  The surgery for me is a tool to keep me on track to healthy living.  As soon as I get a surgery date I will be launching this blog publicly so that people that are considering the surgery can follow along and hopefully I can help them by sharing my journey.  So many of you have been supportive and understanding of this process and I am grateful to have you all by my side whether it be physically or spiritually.  I have also decided to start ending each blog with a quote of the day and I hope you enjoy that as well.

"If a person does not bring something into your life that makes it better, then they should not be there"

No comments:

Post a Comment