Monday, October 3, 2011

Fat Rants and Candycorn


Sooooo...my ass is way bigger than the rest of me and although it seems to be catching up it sure is moving slowly.  I am in a 20 pant and an XL shirt, oh yeah I look like a bariatric patient.  This to shall pass.  This past week has really been testing my will power because the stress is out of control right now and the pre-surgery me always turned to junk food (mainly candy) when the stress and/or emotions were in overdrive.  Sometimes I wish they could have done surgery on my brain at the same time they did the weight loss surgery.  This week has made me realize more than ever that this surgery is nothing more than a tool and you can either use it and be successful or you can go back to your old habits and stay the unhealthy person you were before.  I slipped a couple times this week which is the first time my emotional eating has come back to haunt me since surgery.  Now keep in mind that when I say I "slipped" it simply means I ate a couple pieces of candy or something I shouldnt have.  It doesnt mean that I went to the buffet and pigged out because I am not able to do that with my stomache restriction, however with the stresses in my life, I may have if Sally would have allowed me to.    Here is a fun story for you all to enjoy.  Most people that know me well also know that I have an obsession with candycorn and guess what season it is??  Yup its CANDYCORN season.  Every aisle of every store has candy corn in it and I can literally smell it seeping from the bags.  I have walked past this temptation a hundred times, picked up a bag, put it back down and repeat.  Well one day I didnt put it back down.  I said to myself, self you need to get this craving out of your system.  So I bought a bag and I ate about 10 pieces and got so sick that I dont foresee any candycorn in my future.  Candycorn no longer has to be the enemy!! 

 I had something happen to me the other day that made me realize why there are so many fat people in the world.  I stopped at a speedway and because I was in a rush and hadnt prepared my food for the day I needed something to eat.  I chose their little container of popcorn chicken which sells for $1.49 or 2 for $2???  So I asked the lady, hey lady can I get one for $1 and she said nope so I grabbed a second item which was a burger to take back to the employees at work.  It was the idea that Speedway wanted to scrrew me over that FORCED me to buy that second item....are you kidding me.  Anyways, it worked out because one of the guys at work jumped at the burger but now I spent an extra 50 cents and I am helping others get fat in the process.  Also have you ever been to a Burger King or McDonalds when they wanted to supersize EVERYTHING for you at a price that was so low that you literally look like an idiot if you say no??  I havent done fast food in so long that I dont know if they even still do that but I bet they do.  Then I went to my bank to deposit my bonus check from work and when the little tube came back with my receipt guess what else was in there....yup you guessed it, CANDY!!!  Yes I know that direct deposit would have solved that issue which I do have but my bonus came in a manual check, forcing me to go to the bank and get free candy???

Today I had my 3 month check up and it went very well.  My cholesterol is PERFECT (those were the doctors words not mine) so I can stop taking that medication.  I can now stop taking all of my diabetic medication as well.  I asked how I was doing with my weightloss and the doctor said I hate to even discuss that because it is so different for everyone, then she pulled it up and said oh your down 70 pounds???  She then stated that was more typical for a 6 MONTH checkin, not a 3 month!!!  YAY Spring is doing good.   I do have some numbers that are not as good as they should be.  My protien level should be between 6.4-8.3 and it is at 6.0 so they want me to eat MORE protien.  Holy smokes I have a hard time gettin in 60g now they want me doing 80.  I'll do my best, I promise.  My white blood count is high which is a concern because that generally indicates some type of infection in my body.  I will be having that checked in a week and if it is still high then they will start looking for infection.  Intersting because I feel infectionless...lol

I officially have 10 pounds to lose to reach Neils weight which is my first goal!!!  Then I will have 20 pounds to lose to the next goal which is ONEDERLAND.  I dont believe I have seen the 100s since I was 12 years old.  Sad but so true.  This journey has been so exciting and so challenging at the same time.  I have made so many positive changes in my life and it wont be long and I'll be in super cute shoes!!!  Thank you to everyone for your gifts of clothing (I dont know what I would have done without all these amazing clothes), all the encouragment and compliments and to my besties...your unconditional love because I know this journey has not always been easy for you.  I also want to send a shout out to Amy and Alaina for your inspiration from your own successes.  I am so blessed to have you by my side and to Jen who has started her journey and is doing amazing at just 30 days out!!!  Lots of love and tons of thanks to everyone for your continued support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment