Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I am a Weight Scale crackhead!!


There is alot going on right now so I need to bring everyone up to date!!  I have been stuck in a STALL for the last 2 weeks and I have been gaining and losing the same 4 pounds.  I have allowed this to frustrate me so Neil took the scale away from me (I told him to do it but I didnt think he actually would).  So it turns out that when it comes to the scale my addiction is very similar to that of a crack addict....lol  I actually tore thru his office looking for it because he was sleeping and when I couldnt find it anywhere in the house, I finally gave in to the no weigh in til Monday rule.  So that is that, I now only weigh myself on Mondays and hopefully this next Monday will see a loss.  I have a forum that I frequent that is so incredibly helpful when it comes to stalls because it is so hard to understand how I could NOT lose weight for 2 weeks.  I wont go into the math again, check out my previous blog if your interested in the logistics of it all.  The great thing about having the sleeve is that it doesnt "allow" you to go off the diet.  So I keep plugging away and soon it will catch up.  I did have Neil take my measurements the other day because I was hoping that would be encouraging.  My surgeon told me at my last visit that measurements are what is important and that even when I am not losing pounds, I am still losing inches.  So here it is...in the last 30 days I have lost 48 inches of me!!!  48" holy shit that is 4 feet of fat!!!  True story and it makes handling the stall alot easier.  When I do my measurements I literally measure almost every area of my body including my feet tops (I am so ready for cute shoes).  My upper legs at the initial measurement were both 39" around and today the left leg is 22.5" and the right leg is 25".  What an awesome difference that is but I would still like to see some damn SCALE movement...lol 

Today I was sedated and had a lumbar epidural injection.  The last pain injections did not help with the pain at all so when I went to the pain clinic they decided to do the Lumbar epidural.  When the injection was done, I got off there feeling like a million bucks but apparently that was the numbing agent that had me fooled because here I am about 7 hours later and my pain has returned.  It takes 3-5 days to see the full affects of the injection so keep your fingers crossed that mine is going to work!!!!  It was amazing how much my mood, my attitude and my level of happiness improved for that short time I was pain free.  I am not wanting to have surgery so I am trying everything possible to avoid that including having the weight loss surgery.  I have definitely noticed some relief from the weight loss as I was able to walk a good distance, mostly uphill and I only had to stop twice to stretch my muscles to relieve some of the pain.  On a "normal" walk I have to stop anywhere between 5-10 times for relief.  Hopefully the improvements will continue in that direction. 

I started my new position at work and I absolutely LOVE it!!!  I have an amazing team and they have been very receptive to my new role as their Supervisor.  My schedule is now 7-4 monday thr friday which is unheard of in retail management but I worked very hard for that spot and I am so thankful that I have been given this opportunity to succeed in this new challenge. 

I have also recently learned how to save a ton of money on your groceries.  This might seem a little off topic but I just have to share this.  I have been wanting to try the "Smart Ones" meals by weight watchers and they were on sale this week at Meijer 5 for $10.  If you buy 10 you get $5 off and then I had a coupon for $3 off any 10.  So that means I paid 1.20 each for these meals that are usually around $3 a piece.  I was so excited that I took two coupons and bought 20 of those meals.  The first one I tried was the lasagna and it was amazing.  I would never be able to eat a full serving but Neil doesnt seem to mind that as he loved the lasagna and so did I!!!  I am really looking forward to trying the other meals.  The reality is that each box gives me 2 meals so its like paying 60 cents for a lunch or dinner.  How awesome is that?  I also had a coupon for a FREE 12ct package of Prilosec which saved me $13 and then I had a $1 off coupon for ziplock bags that were already buy one get one free at Rite Aid.  My mommy would be so proud...lol   So that is all that I have for now!!!  Sally has been amazing and her and I have started to understand and respect each other.  I feel human again and sometimes I forget that I had the surgery because I feel so good but Sally is quick to remind me!!!!  Thank you to everyone that continues to give me so much encouragement.  I truly have an amazing support system and I love you all....I am down 48" and I CAN DO THIS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment